While Arkansas has beautiful weather all year long, we can’t guarantee that every single day will be sunny. Thankfully, there are plenty of fun things to do in NW Arkansas when it rains. If you don’t fancy a wet day in the boat, or if you’re an angler’s travel partner who doesn’t love fishing, these activities will keep you entertained for days on end. Gaston’s White River Resort has some of the best fishing in the world. We are also near some of the best indoor attractions in the South. Here are five of our top picks.
Rainy Day Things to Do in NW Arkansas
- Grab an ice-cold Arkansas beer at Rapp’s Barren or Norfolk Brewing. These Arkansas breweries are within 30 minutes of Gaston’s White River Resort, and they serve the best pints in the state.
- Take a day off from fishing and head to target practice! Slinging Iron is the only indoor shooting range in the area, and it’s one of the most exciting things to do in NW Arkansas.
- Spend the evening enjoying a performance at the Bull Shoals Theater of the Arts. This Arkansas theater has everything from live music to animal education events.
- Tour the James A. Gaston Visitor Center to learn about the legacy of our resort in Arkansas and the Bull Shoals Dam. You’ll learn tons of fun facts about our town.
- The White River Distillery is just a short drive from our comfortable river cabins. Sample some moonshine at this authentic Arkansas distillery. Then, bring your favorite flavor home to pair with fried potatoes and fish.
The Best Resorts in Arkansas
The incredible fishing in the White River and Bull Shoals Lake draws people from all over to our warm Arkansas town. And although fishing is the main attraction, there are plenty of other fun things to do in NW Arkansas. You can catch a professional performance at our Arkansas theater. Or you can strike gold at the best antique stores in Arkansas. Whether it pours or shines, these rainy day activities are sure to keep you, your family, and your friends entertained. Contact us today to start planning your White River fishing trip!